Aromatic sweet spices give add exotic, full-bodied flavor to this cappuccino.
- Yield: Makes 2 servings
- Course: Beverage
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 8 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso coffee
- pinch ground cardamom
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Combine the coffee and cardamom in a French press. Pour in the water, stir, and place the lid on top of the carafe. Allow the coffee brew 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the milk, cinnamon and sugar in a tall microwave safe glass measuring cup. Heat on high until hot, about 45-60 seconds (depending on the wattage of your microwave). Place the frothing coil of a handheld frother into the milk, turn the frother on and raise and lower it in the milk until a thick foam forms.
4. When the coffee has brewed 4 minutes, push the plunger down as far as it will go. Pour the coffee in two cups.
5. Pour the milk into the two cups, using a spoon to hold the foam back in the measuring cup. Once the milk is in the two cups, spoon the foam on top.