Italians take noteâ€”classic Southwest and Mexican ingredients pair beautifully with Arborio rice in this creamy risotto.
- Course: Lunch
- Arborio Rice
- chopped green onion
- finely grated cotija cheese
- frozen whole kernel corn
- Lime wedges
- Mexican beer or dry white wine
- olive or vegetable oil
- red bell pepper
- reduced-salt chicken broth
- smoked chorizo sausage links
- Slice sausage links into lengthwise quarters
- Return drippings to pan (add additional oil to measure 2 tablespoons, if needed). Stir rice into drippings over medium heat about 2 minute. Add beer, stirring until almost all of liquid is evaporated. Begin adding hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is almost absorbed before adding more broth. Continue stirring in broth 25 to 30 minutes until rice is tender and mixture is creamy. Stir in green onion and reserved sausage
- Divide risotto among 4 serving bowls. Top with avocado and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.