This is the kind of luscious, decadent, irresistible dessert that has been known to bring the strongest men and women to their knees; that you may dream and day dream about weeks after youâ€™ve had the last crumb of it; that scoffs at the understatement of the word â€œdelicious. But donâ€™t take our word for it: try it and tell.
- Course: Dessert
- All Purpose Flour
- Cream cheese
- creamy natural peanut butter
- Egg yolks
- light corn syrup
- semisweet chocolate
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- 'Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. '
- 'For the crust, place the white chocolate and butter in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and add the cookie crumbs, mixing well to combine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake 10 minutes to allow crust to set. Remove from the oven. '
- 'For the filling, bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and flour in a bowl. Slowly pour half of the hot milk into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly until combined then add the remaining milk. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Once at a boil continue to whisk and cook until thickened, 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and immediately press a piece of plastic wrap right onto the filling to prevent a skin from forming. Allow to come to room temperature then chill at least 4 hours or overnight. '
- 'For the glaze, place the semisweet chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Remove the plastic wrap from the top of the filling and immediately pour the glaze directly onto the filling. Working quickly tilt the pan to cover the filling evenly with the glaze. Chill 1 hour before slicing. '