Holiday cheer... in a cookie! Share these moist and festive cookies with family and friends.
- Yield: 30 cookies
- Course: Dessert
- bag mint candy-coated chocolates
- Baking soda
- box instant chocolate pudding
- brown sugar
- cocoa powder
- dark chocolate chips
- holiday sprinkles +extra for topping
- mint extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugars until soft and creamy.
- Add the eggs and extracts and beat again. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Sift together the dry pudding mix, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add it to the butter mixture until soft dough forms. The dough will be very stiff.
- Stir 3/4 cup of the candy-coated chocolates, chocolate chips, and 2 Tablespoons sprinkles into the dough gently. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 30 dough balls.
- Press the remaining candy-coated chocolates into the tops of the dough balls. Press the top of the dough ball in the extra sprinkles and roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove and gently press the tops of each cookie down slightly using a flat spatula.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, and then remove and place on parchment paper until completely cool. Store in a tightly sealed container.