Three classic flavors blend to form the perfect fall-inspired cupcake. A chocolate cookie crust and chocolate cheesecake are topped with a spiced chai topping for a guaranteed show-stopping cupcake for Thanksgiving or any other time of the year.
- Yield: 14 cheesecakes
All you need for this recipe and more...
For the Cheesecakes:
12 chocolate cream filled cookies (like Oreos)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 (8 oz. each) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons flour
4 ounces semi-sweet bakers chocolate
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Chai Topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground star anise
1/8 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place a large baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Fill halfway with water. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 14 cupcake liners in a muffin tins.
- Place the cookies (cream included) in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Mix together the cookie crumbs and butter.
- Spoon the crumbs evenly into the cupcake liners. Press the crumbs down firmly. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and beat again.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, and flour and beat until the mixture is creamy.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions. Pour into the cream cheese mixture and beat until completely mixed together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and gently beat until the mixture is completely mixed. Do not over beat.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Place the pan on the oven rack right above the pan of water. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let the cheesecakes cool in the muffin tin for 15 minutes. Remove gently and place on a wire rack to cool for an hour. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, spices, and extracts on high speed until stiff peaks form. Use a piping bag and large open star tip to pipe the cream on the cooled cheesecakes.