Moist and tender pan roasted chicken is topped with a rich red relish made with plums and red wine. A simple dish to make that looks absolutely stunning, and works well with some green beans, asparagus, or just a simple salad.
- balsamic or red wine vinegar
- brown sugar
- chicken breast fillets
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Relish:
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Red onion
- To make relish, cook the onion in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Add the sugar and plums and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 -15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Brush the chicken with oil and grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side and golden brown.
- Transfer to a moderate (350Â°F) oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through but still plump and moist. To test, pierce with a sharp knife and the juices should run clear.
- Slice the chicken thickly and spoon over the relish.