Who can resist the combination of refried beans, chicken, cheese, avocado, salsa verde on corn tortillas? Leftover chicken makes short work of this family friendly crowd-pleaser.
- 6-inch corn tortillas
- can refried beans
- Canola Oil
- chipotle in adobo sauce
- Chopped Cilantro
- shredded chicken
- garlic cloves
- grape tomatoes
- Lime juice
- medium onion
- shredded Colby and jack cheese blend
- shredded iceburg lettuce
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200Â°F.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of the oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium. Working one at a time, add a tortilla to the skillet and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet covered with paper towels and let drain. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Keep warm in the oven.
- Heat the refried beans in a small saucepan over medium
- Combine the tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, chipotle and adobo sauce and cook, stirring, until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- To assemble place tortillas on a work surface and spread each with some of the refried beans. Top with 1/4 cup lettuce, chicken, tomato mixture, cheese and sour cream.