This is a short cutâ€”but no less tastyâ€”version of the beloved Thai restaurant favorite.
- Bean Sprouts
- skinless chicken breasts
- chopped green onions
- finely chopped peanuts
- fish sauce
- garlic cloves
- large eggs
- Lime wedges
- pad Thai noodles
- Peanut oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- Combine the ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally until set, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat 1 tablespoon of the oil
- Return skillet to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in the garlic and cook 45 seconds or until just starting to brown. Stir in the noodles and reserved chicken and egg mixture and cook until hot, 1-2 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and cook, tossing, 1 minute. Stir in the green onions and remove from the heat.
- Divide among 4 plates and garnish each with 1/4 cup bean sprouts and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges if desired.