Loaded with fresh vegetables, tender chicken, crispy bacon and a creamy chipotle lime yogurt dressing â€“ this easy to make pasta salad will become a new favorite at outdoor gatherings all summer long.
- skinless chicken breasts
- chipotle sauce from canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- kosher salt
- large ripe black olives
- Orange bell pepper
- pipe rigate pasta (or similar shape)
- non-fat Greek yogurt
- red bell pepper
- small head broccoli
- thick-cut bacon
- yellow bell pepper
- Bring a 6 Qt. stockpot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the packages directions. Drain and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with kosher salt and black pepper. Heat a 10â€ non-stick skillet over medium heat and drizzle 1 tablespoon of avocado or grapeseed oil. Cook the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness, flipping halfway through making sure they are brown on each side. You want the internal temperature to reach 165Â°F. Remove from the heat, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 1-inch dice.
- In a 2 Qt. saucepan, fitted with a steamer, steam the broccoli until tender â€“ about 5-6 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, lime juice, chipotle sauce, salt and cumin to make the dressing.
- In the large pot that you cooked the pasta in, toss together the pasta and 1/3 of the dressing until completely coated. Add in the diced peppers, broccoli, chicken, olives and crumbled bacon. Drizzle the remaining dressing over top and toss until completely coated. Transfer to a serving platter and serve the pasta salad warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Store any remaining pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.