Burgers made from ground buffalo, are made deluxe with the delightful crunch of macadamias and fresh herbs.
- Burger rolls or Ciabatta
- For the Harvest Relish:
- Fresh parsley
- fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- ground buffalo
- Macadamia nuts
- macadamia pieces
- peaches or nectarine
- Red onion
- red wine
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- soft goat cheese or Chevre lettuce
- To make the burgers, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour, if possible, to allow flavors to develop.
- To make the relish, heat oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and macadamias over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is starting to soften.
- Add the fruit and cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and cook until liquid is absorbed and relish is thick and glossy. Keep warm or chill for use when needed.
- Preheat barbecue or grill pan and brush with oil. Cook the burgers over a medium to high heat for 6-7 minutes each side or until cooked as desired.
- Spread rolls with goat cheese, top with the lettuce and burger and spoon over the hot or cold relish.