- All Purpose Flour
- Baking potatoes
- Egg yolk
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork & bake at 425 degrees for one hour.
- Halve the potatoes. Discard the skins and spoon into potato ricer.
- Measure 1 cup of potato & mix with egg yolk, flour & salt.
- Knead gently until smooth & divide dough into two pieces.
- Sprinkle with flour to avoid sticking, and roll each piece into a 1-inch rope. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Boil gnocchi for two minutes in well-salted water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat & sautÃ© sage leaves until butter turns a deep nutty brown.
- Add gnocchi to the butter & toss over medium-high heat for a minute or two.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.