Taste the homemade goodness of this easy, cheesy soup. Serve with a tossed salad and pretzel roll for a family-friendly weeknight dinner.
- Course: Soup
- All Purpose Flour
- Chicken Broth
- chopped celery
- Chopped onion
- ground cayenne pepper
- Shredded carrot
- shredded Colby-jack cheese blend
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in butter 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour, salt pepper and cayenne pepper
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk
- Add broccoli and carrot. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 or 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender