- Yield: About 3 dozen
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking soda
- chocolate chips
- or 8 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate
- Chopped walnuts
- granulated sugar
- large eggs
- Packed brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat butter and sugars with electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes until mixture is very fluffy and turns several shades lighter in color.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and baking soda for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl.
- Mix in flour just until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts (optional).
- Drop dough by 2 tablespoonful scoops onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on pan then transfer with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.