Savory beer braised pork ribs atop a bed of sweet apple sauerkraut â€“ this German-inspired meal is great for the fall festive season. Loin ribs are leaner and a little drier than shoulder ribs, and hold their shape better when baked.
- boneless country-style pork ribs
- brown sugar
- canned or jarred sauerkraut
- Cooking oil
- onion powder
- pale ale
- sweet apples
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Combine salt, onion powder and paprika
- Add apples and onion to pan. Cook, stirring until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup beer and brown sugar. Simmer over medium-high heat until liquid is nearly evaporated, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sauerkraut and arrange ribs on top. Place lid on pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Pour remaining 1/2 cup beer over ribs and continue baking, covered, until ribs are fork-tender, 15-30 minutes longer.