Dazzle your holiday guests with this easy-to-make and delicious poached pear recipe served over vanilla ice cream. Your taste buds will be delighted by the tart and sweet flavor of the balsamic vinegar sauce.
- apple juice
- balsamic vinegar
- brown sugar
- cinnamon sticks
- firm pears
- lemon juice
- vanilla beans
- split lengthwise and scraped
- Place all the ingredients except the pears into a skillet and heat on low while peeling and coring the pears.
- Carefully place the peeled and cored pear halves into the skillet core side down. Place lid on pan.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes and flip the pears over.
- Simmer 5 additional minutes. Remove pears from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium
- Serve each pear half over vanilla ice cream and drizzle with the reduced balsamic sauce.