Ring in the New Year with this easy and delicious recipe for baked clams! We love to have a seafood feast with friends and family on New Years Eve and these baked clams make for the perfect appetizer! Have a friend or family member help in the kitchen and youâ€™ll make this easy appetizer even quickerâ€”one cleans and opens clams while the other works on the filling!
- Course: Side Dish
- fresh parsley & grated Pecorino Romano Cheese for garnish
- Italian bread crumbs
- littleneck clams
- Salted butter
- Rinse clams in hot bowl of water so the shells open (this will take 3-5 minutes). Then pry open the shell with a knife and pop off one side of the shell*.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, melt a stick of butter with 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook on medium low heat, until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Then add in the Italian style breadcrumbs and mix well. Stuff each clamshell with a generous scoop of breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each stuffed clamshell on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the breadcrumbs on top of the clams are cracked looking (this means the clams are cooked).
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh parsley and grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and serve immediately.