The spectacular cake combines the best of apple pie with a moist, tender and fool-proof spice cake. Itâ€™s impressive good looks and fabulous flavor belie the simplicity with which it is made.
- apple cider
- Baking powder
- Cake Flour
- confectionersâ€™ sugar
- Granny smith apples
- ground all spice
- Ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- unsalted butter
- unslated butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Brush the bottom of two
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the granulated sugar and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs and beat on medium speed until the mixture is well blended, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl, about 4-5 minutes. Combine the milk and extract in a separate small bowl. With the mixer on low, add the flour and milk mixtures alternately in 2 additions, mixing until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans and bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 26-27 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pans on a wire rack 20 minutes. Invert cakes out of the pans onto the rack and cool completely.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a Circulon Symmetry Chocolate 11-Inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, sugar and cinnamon
- For the glaze, stir together the confectionersâ€™ sugar and apple cider until smooth.
- To assemble, place a cake, flat side up, on a cake plate