Enjoy apple season flavors any time of the year with these lunchbox-worthy muffins chock-full of old-fashioned oats and dried cranberries.
- Course: Dessert
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- craisins (dried cranberries)
- granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- old fashioned oats
- peeled and shredded apples
- pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- Grease 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon). Add apple, oats and craisins, and stir well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill muffins cups in pan, dividing batter evenly. Place additional oats and craisins on tops, if desired.
- Bake muffins at 400Â°F for 5 minutes, then without opening the oven, lower the temperature to 375Â°F and bake for 12 to 14 minutes more. Check the muffins with a toothpick or a dry spaghetti noodle to see if done baking. If the muffins are too pale on top, add two more minutes of baking. They should have golden brown edges and golden tops.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove onto a cooling rack, plate or cutting board.