An effortless wine-based dessert for two that is sure to please your Valentine.
- Yield: Serves: 2
All you need for this recipe and more...
1 ½ cups Moscato wine
¼ ounce packet of plain gelatin powder
1 blood orange, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. In a small 1-quart saucepan, add ½ cup of the Moscato. Bring to a brisk simmer, but keep an eye on it as Moscato wine is typically effervescent and easily boils over.
2. Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the gelatin powder. Whisk very well for 1 minute. Next, stir in the remaining 1 cup of Moscato wine.
3. Divide the Moscato and gelatin mixture into two serving glasses. I used two coupe glasses that hold ¾ cup of liquid each. Place plastic wrap over the serving glasses, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 2 days in advance.
4. Next, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Mix until soft peaks form. Set aside.
5. To serve, remove the plastic wrap from the glasses and top each Moscato gelee with a few slices of blood orange. Dollop the sweetened whipped cream on top, and serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Christina Lane of Dessert for Two