Classic Caprese gets a major upgrade with this easy, cheesy chicken Caprese skillet! Ready in less than 30 minutes and full of fresh flavor, this is one dish the whole family is sure to love.
- Course: EntrÃ©e
- balsamic vinegar
- Cherry tomatoes
- chicken breasts
- chopped fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Light brown sugar
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet followed by minced garlic. SautÃ© garlic for 30-45 seconds until fragrant. Lower heat and add balsamic vinegar slowly, being very careful as you add the vinegar. Add light brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Increase heat back to medium heat and as soon as the balsamic comes up to a bubble, add halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes, just until tomatoes start to soften. Add chopped basil and toss everything together.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to the pan. Spoon sauce on top of the chicken so all the flavors can come together. Top each piece of chicken with 2 slices of cheese and then cover skillet for about 3 minutes so cheese can melt.
- Remove from heat, garish with additional basil and serve.