Bits of fresh strawberries punctuate this rich cake with a dense, smooth texture and fine, golden crumb.
- all-purpose flour plus extra for the pan
- Baking powder
- confectionersâ€™ sugar
- diced fresh strawberries
- Ground cinnamon
- heavy cream
- unsalted butter plus extra for the pan
- vanilla bean
- Vanilla Extract
- whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Butter and flour a 10-cup tube pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use an electric hand mixer) and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the sugar. With the mixer running, beat in the eggs one at a time, stopping to scrape down the bowl in between. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the flour and beat on low speed until just moistened. Fold in the strawberries. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and cook in the pan 10 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the whipped cream combine the heavy cream, confectionersâ€™ sugar and scraped vanilla seeds or extract in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use an electric hand mixer) and beat on high speed until the cream holds stiff peaks. Slice the cake and top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.