A delightfully light, yet sustaining breakfast from Switzerland. Oats and wheat germ, soaked overnight in juice and combined with nuts or seeds, dried and fresh fruit and yogurt. Serve warm or cold.
- apple or fresh orange juice
- bran straws
- rolled oats
- Sliced almonds
- wheat germ
- Yogurt and sliced peaches or seasonal fruit
- Place the oats and wheat germ in a bowl and add the juice. Add enough water so the oats are just covered. Allow to soak overnight, preferably.
- In the morning, place in a small saucepan and heat until just warm (you can skip this process and serve cold too).
- Add the almonds, currants, bran straws and grated apple. Mix well and serve in bowls topped with the yogurt and peaches.