The mild flavor and lean tender quality of Australian lamb lends itself wonderfully to all kinds of Asian meals. In this dish, the sweet and salty Hoisin sauce is complimented by the light fresh noodle stir- fry - the perfect quick healthy evening meal where flavor is not sacrificed. Try with a little cilantro over the top for a fresh change.
- ends trimmed and sliced
- Australian lamb shoulder chops
- clove garlic
- dry sherry or rice wine
- finely chopped ginger
- Hoisin Sauce
- Orange Juice
- packet cellophane or rice noodles
- soaked according to directions
- peanut or vegetable oil
- snap peas (or preferred vegetables)
- soy sauce
- Stir Fry Noodles:
- stock or water
- Brush the lamb generously with the Hoisin sauce. In a heavy based pan large enough to hold the chops in a single layer, heat the oil over a medium high heat, add the chops and cook for 2 minutes each side to brown.
- Add the sauce ingredients, reduce the heat to low and simmer the chops, turning regularly, for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked as preferred. Add additional stock or sherry if sauce becomes too thick.
- While chops are cooking, add a little oil to a wok or nonstick fry pan over high heat, and stir fry the asparagus and peas for 1-2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add the noodles and stir fry, just enough to heat through.
- To serve, place stir-fry immediately on warm plates, top with the lamb and spoon over the sauce from the pan.