Spinach adds a new twist to this breakfast favorite. Pierce yolk with fork before flipping for a harder cooked egg.
- cherry tomato
- Fresh spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- white or wheat bread
- Butter each side of bread with 1 teaspoon butter. With 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut hole in center of bread
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. SautÃ© spinach in butter 30 seconds or just until wilted. Push spinach to edge of skillet.
- Place bread and circle in skillet. Crack egg into hole. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes until egg sets on bottom
- Remove from skillet to plate, spinach side up. Garnish with tomato slices.