Traditional chocolate snack cake gets even more crave-worthy when paired with an irresistible peanut butter frosting! Topped with chocolate peanut butter candy and a sprinkle of sea salt, this is one recipe that is sure to become a staple in your home.
- (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- + 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- chopped mini peanut butter cups
- cocoa powder
- For the chocoalte cake:
- For the peanut butter frosting:
- granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar
- Sea salt
- Vanilla Extract
- To make the chocolate cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13â€ pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, on medium speed, cream butter and both sugars together for about 5-6 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk in three additions, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the prepared and even out with a spatula. Bake cake for approximately 30 minutes, rotating once halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the peanut butter frosting, cream the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and continue to mix on medium speed.
- Add heavy cream and continue to mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting on completely cooled cake. Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups and coarse sea salt. Cake should be served at room temperature. Store covered in refrigerator.