Satisfying cheesy comfort food is lightened up a bit with bright lemon zest and sweet peas. A risotto is the perfect bed to nestle several succulent grilled shrimp that have been tossed in a garlicky basil pesto.
- Arborio Rice
- Chicken Broth
- For the Baked Lemon Parmesan Risotto
- For the Grilled Pesto Shrimp
- freshly ground black pepper
- frozen sweet peas
- Grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- large Shallot
- large uncooked shrimp
- olive oil
- prepared pesto
- unsalted butter
- white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
- In medium to large pot that is capable of going from stovetop to oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced shallot and cook until translucent â€“ about 3 minutes. If shallots begin to brown, reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic and continue to cook for 1 more minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat rice with oil. Add white wine and cook until evaporated, about 1 more minute.
- Add 16 ounces of chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring rice mixture to a boil. Cover with a oven proof lid and transfer pot to preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from oven and stir in remaining 2 ounces of chicken broth, frozen sweet peas, butter, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Stir to combine, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes while you cook shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, place shrimp in large skillet and sautÃ© shrimp 2 minutes per side until shrimp is just cooked through and no longer translucent. Transfer shrimp to a medium sized bowl.
- Pour pesto over cooked shrimp and toss to coat.
- Serve pesto shrimp atop the baked lemon Parmesan risotto immediately.