The sweet and salty combination and mélange of textures makes this unusually satisfying. We also love that it is full of nutrients and takes only minutes to make—what more could we want from a summertime salad?!
- 6 ounces feta cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 pound watermelon rind removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cheese, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl. Add 2 teaspoons oil and stir well.
- Combine the watermelon, arugula, and cheese in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and salt, toss well.