Everything you love about summer vegetables is here in one bowl! Cook the vegetables just until they are crisp-tender for maximum flavor.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 8 ounce zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 8 ounce yellow squash halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 cup assorted color cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Side Dish
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the shallots and cook until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until beginning to brown slightly, 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini and squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp tender, 5-6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook until tomatoes just start to wilt, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
To make this dish ahead, undercook the vegetables just a couple of minutes and let them cool to room temperature on a large plate. Once at room temperature, they may be transferred to a bowl and kept refrigerated.