Fresh spinach makes a delicious, simple, healthful basis for a quick blender pesto that allows you to get this delicious dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- For the Pesto:
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup + additional for serving Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- For the Pasta:
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- For the pesto, combine the spinach, basil, walnuts, garlic, 1/4 cup cheese, oil, salt and pepper in a blender and puree.
- Bring an Anolon Advanced Bronze 7.5-Quart Wide Stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions; drain
- Return the stockpot to the stove over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is browned, 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until starting to brown, about 1-1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved pasta and cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with the pesto. Divide among serving plates and serve with additional cheese if desired.