Crisp radish slaw is the perfect crunchy counterpart to grilled tuna steaks. If you can’t find yuzu for the marinade (it is generally available at Asian foods stores and some grocery stores), substitute 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar.
- For the Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons yuzu rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 (6-8 ounce) tuna steaks about 1 inch thick
- For the Slaw:
- 8 medium radishes
- 4 mini cucumbers
- 1 carrot
- 3 tablespoons yuzu rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 scallions thinly sliced, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons pickled ginger thinly sliced
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Dinner
- For the marinade, whisk the vinegar, miso, soy sauce and honey in a large bowl until smooth. Add the tuna steaks to the bowl and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, 20-30 minutes or up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. Slice radishes cucumbers and carrots very thinly on a mandoline or with a knife. Combine them in a bowl with the vinegar, sugar, all but 1 tablespoon of the scallions and salt; let stand until ready to serve, tossing occasionally.
- Brush an Analon Tri-Ply Clad 12-Inch Grill Pan with the oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove the tuna from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Add the tuna to the grill pan and cook, turning once, 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to serving plates. Toss the remaining scallions with the pickled ginger and place on top of the tuna. Serve with slaw