Warm-up from the inside out with this savory and satisfying soup.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 medium carrots finely diced
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 quart (950 mL) chicken stock
- 1/4 pound (113 g) sweet Italian sausage casings removed and crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14.5-ounce (411 g) can diced tomatoes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Soup
- Place all ingredients into the Microwave Pressure
Cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker
and lock into the closed position.
- Cook the soup on HIGH for 40 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down
naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white
pressure indicator has dropped.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.