Classic and delicious. Please a crowd with this family-favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound bacon cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Yield: 6 cups
- Course: Dinner
- Place olive oil, bacon, onion, carrot and celery into the
Microwave Pressure Cooker and cook, uncovered, on HIGH
for 5 minutes, or until the bacon has cooked through.
- Add the ground beef, garlic, nutmeg, tomatoes and
tomato paste to the Microwave Pressure Cooker and stir
well to break up the ground beef. Pour the beef stock over
- Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and
lock into the closed position.
- Cook the sauce on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down
naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white
pressure indicator has dropped.
- Stir in the cream and parsley and season to taste with
salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked pasta with grated Parmesan cheese
sprinkled over the top.
(* To cook the pasta in the Microwave Pressure Cooker, place 4 cups penne and enough water to almost cover the pasta into the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Lock the lid into the closed position and cook on HIGH for 14 minutes. Let the pressure come down naturally and drain any remaining water.)