Kick your week night dinner up a notch with this easy, cheesy one pot chicken dish. Filled with whole ingredients, this delicious dinner will quickly become one of your go-to meals and one the whole family will enjoy!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- Heat olive oil in an 11-inch pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter. Add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir to combine. Add chicken pieces back to pan and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and continue to simmer for 6-10 minutes, until rice and broccoli are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese, cover and allow to stand for about 5 minutes, allowing the residual heat to melt the cheese.