"Seasonal vegetables are grilled on the barbecue and served tossed with a simple rustic dressing."
- 2 each red and yellow peppers halved with seeds removed
- 2 zucchini sliced lengthways
- 2 small leek halved lengthwise (or red onion)
- 1 bunch asparagus halved lengthways
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 cups watercress leaves or arugula
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1 ounce toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 finely diced shallot
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Brush all the vegetables with oil. Place the peppers, zucchini and leek on a preheated grill or barbecue and grill for 2-3 minutes each side minutes or until cooked as desired. Add asparagus in last minute of cooking.
- Place in a large bowl and season with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Arrange on plates with the watercress, drizzle with the dressing and scatter with the almonds and goat cheese. Serve warm with a crusty loaf of bread, olive oil and balsamic.