Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes are simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly pancake recipe with delicious hot chocolate sauce and berries!
- For the pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend can also use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- For the chocolate syrup:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- For the garnish:
- powdered sugar
- Mix the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using a whisk or spatula.
- Heat the griddle over two burners to a medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into circles on the griddle. Let cook until bubbles
are on top, flip and continue cooking until done.
- To make the hot chocolate sauce, place the chocolate chips, maple syrup and espresso powder in a small saucepan and melt
together over medium heat. Stir and serve warm.
- Pour the hot chocolate sauce over a stack of pancakes and garnish with fresh berries and powdered sugar.