Seasoned with cumin, coriander, garlic and chipotle chili powder, these easy steak kabobs are a perfect entree for summer entertaining. Paired with the Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, the kabobs are smoky, sweet, juicy, and take less work than your guest will ever guess!
- 2 pounds flat iron steak cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander and chili powder in medium sized bowl. Add steak to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Combine red peppers, walnuts, garlic, vinegar, sour cream, olive oil, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until service.
- Place 4-5 pieces of steak on a wooden skewer and repeat with remaining steak. Season each skewer with salt on all sides.
- Preheat a grill pan over moderately high heat. Cook 3-4 kabobs at a time, about 4-5 minutes total, flipping ¼ turn after each minute (for medium rare). Remove from pan and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve kabobs with roasted red pepper pesto.