Classic flavors come together for this juicy and savory dish.
- 2 Cornish game hens each no more than 2 pounds (900 g)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 8 small red potatoes diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary not ground
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Dinner
- Place the game hens in the Microwave Pressure Cooker, along with the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the fresh rosemary, and pour over the game hens.
- Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and lock into the closed position.
- Cook the game hens on HIGH for 35 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white pressure indicator has dropped.
- Cut each game hen in half and serve with the vegetables. Pour the jus over the top and garnish with the fresh rosemary.