You can easily get this family favorite on the table in well under a half hour. By all means make a double batch and either freeze leftovers or serve it later in the week tossed with pasta.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion minced
- 1 cups Green bell pepper chopped, about ¼-inch pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 Chipotle pepper en adobo sauce minced
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Soft sandwich or hamburger rolls
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6-7 minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder and chipotle; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in the beef, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened and beef is cooked through. Spoon the mixture onto the rolls and serve.