Make your entire dinner in one pot—you don’t even need to drain the pasta! In fact, by cooking the pasta in the pot with the sausage and tomatoes, the pasta absorbs even more flavor.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage squeezed from casings
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 pound dry gemelli pasta
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (assorted colors) halves
- 3/4 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup, plus additional for serving Romano cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a Circulon Symmetry Chocolate 5.5 Qt. Casserole over medium heat. Add the sausage and onions and cook, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until the onion is translucent and the sausage starts to brown, 15-17 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until it is tender and golden, 5-6 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, salt and 5 1/2 cups water. Cook, stirring very often, until the pasta is tender and the liquid is thickened, about 18-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the arugula, cheese and pepper, stirring until the arugula is wilted. Divide among 6 bowls and top with additional cheese if desired.