Taste the homemade goodness of this easy, cheesy soup. Serve with a tossed salad and pretzel roll for a family-friendly weeknight dinner.
- Yield: 4 (1 1/2 cups) Servings
- Course: Soup
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in butter 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour, salt pepper and cayenne pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli and carrot. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 or 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.