Stone fruit season is here! Whether you top your cobbler with pie crust, batter, biscuits or dumplings; you will always end up with a fresh, juicy, perfect cobbler with this recipe. The addition of lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg enhances the ripe peach flavor.
- Pie Dough
- 0.25 cup almond flour
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces(1 cup) unsalted butter cold
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- Peach Cobbler Filling
- 10 cups fresh peaches peeled and pitted (about 18 peaches)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 0.5 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon lemon zest
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmget
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cold
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for the pan
- Assembling Pie
- 0.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 0.25 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Course: Dessert
- For Pie Dough Serves – 1 lattice topped cobbler or 1 double crusted pie
Yields 1 lattice topped cobbler
- Cut butter into small quarter inch cubes, separate on a cookie sheet and place in freezer.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the almond flour, flour, sugar and salt. Mix on low just to distribute ingredients.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Butter pieces should be no larger than small peas size.
- Add the ice water and mix on low speed just until the dough pulls together.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and divide into two small, round disks.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours before use.
- For Peach Cobbler Filling Serves – one 9 x 13 inch casserole dish
Yields 11 cups
- In a large bowl, toss the peeled, pitted, sliced peaches, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Toss in cold butter that has been cut into quarter-inch pieces.
- Pour mixture into buttered casserole pan.
- For Assembling the pie
- Preheat oven to 375°F with a baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Mix together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon, set aside.
- Roll out one pie dough to 9” x 13”, and cut into 5 - 1” strips.
- Roll out second pie dough to 9” x 13”, and cut into approximately 8 - 1” strips.
- Arrange the strips of dough in a lattice pattern on top of filling.
- Once lattice is complete, brush lattice with heavy cream and sprinkle with cinna-mon sugar.
- Place cobbler on the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let cobbler cool for 1 hour before serving.