Sound crazy? We thought so too, until we created this incredibly moist, stupendously flavorful cake by using melted ice cream in the batter. You won’t believe how good it is until you make it yourself.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) container premium coffee ice cream melted, 1 1/2 cups
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- Decadent Chocolate Sauce optional
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly brush a 9 1/2-inch bundt pan with melted butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Combine the ice cream, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and espresso powder in a bowl. With the mixer running, add the ice cream mixture and beat on low speed for 2 minutes until well combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 43-45 minutes. Cool in the pan 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 12 wedges and drizzle with chocolate sauce if using.
Related Recipe: Decadent Chocolate Sauce