Stir together these whole wheat pancakes in minutes and top with sliced banana and walnuts, if you like. For a ready-to-heat breakfast, make them ahead, wrap well and refrigerate, then reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Yield: 8 4-inch pancakes
- Prep: 5
- Cook: 10
- Course: Breakfast
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- white or cider vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- melted butter or vegetable oil
- regular or quick oats
- sliced banana and chopped walnuts
- Whole wheat flour
- Stir together the milk and lemon juice or vinegar in a medium bowl or two-cup measuring cup. Let stand a few minutes for milk to curdle.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk eggs and butter or oil into milk. Stir into dry mixture just until blended.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium heat. Scoop scant 1/4-cupfuls onto hot pan