Tea flavored butter frosting adds an elegant touch to traditional butterscotch brownies. Use your favorite Earl Grey or spiced Chai tea leaves to make a strong infusion for the frosting.
- Yield: 12 bars
- Course: Dessert
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Earl Grey or Chai tea
- packed dark or light brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- To make blondies:
- To make frosting:
- unsalted butter
- To make blondies:Preheat oven to 325Â°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil leaving 1-inch overhang on ends
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl until butter is melted. Remove from heat
- Stir in flour and baking powder until smooth. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make frosting:In a microwave-safe cup, heat milk to simmering