A delectable blend of springâ€™s bounty, this sparkling fruit dessert has the invigorating flavors of orange zest and nutmeg, creating a simple but elegant dessert thatâ€™s suitable for company and family dinners alike.
- Course: Dessert
- All Purpose Flour
- brown sugar
- freshly grated nutmeg
- orange zest
- rhubarb stalks
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
- Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until they are small,1/4-inch pieces. Remove the nuts and reserve.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Add these dry ingredients and butter to the food processor and pulse until it just begins to hold together. Add the nuts and pulse 3 to 4 more times until mixed.
- In a bowl, toss together the rhubarb, strawberries, flour and sugar until well mixed.
- Place the fruit in a 2 to 2 1/2 qt. gratin dish and sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until a skewer inserted into the center goes in without any resistance, the top is golden and it is bubbling around the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon the crisp into individual dessert dishes and serve with ice cream.