Korean-flavored beef and kimchee update this classic pub favorite. Canâ€™t find kimchee? Substitute sriracha-flavored sauerkraut instead.
- Course: Lunch
- brown sugar
- chopped and drained kimchee
- finely chopped garlic
- rice or white vinegar
- slices white or rye bread
- soy sauce
- Swiss cheese
- thinly sliced deli roast beef
- toasted sesame oil
- In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Heat a 10-11â€ nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour soy mixture into skillet. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until syrupy. Stir in roast beef until meat is coated with soy mixture
- For each Rueben, spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on one side of bread and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise other side of bread. Place 1 slice cheese, 2 tablespoons kimchee and 1/4 of the beef mixture on mayonnaise side of one slice of bread. Top meat with another 2 tablespoons of kimchee and another slice of cheese. Top with another slice of bread, mayonnaise-side down.
- Heat clean skillet over medium heat