This is a knock-their-socks off brunch dish that tastes every bit as great as its name and good looks promise.
- Course: Breakfast
- French Toast
- hardwood smoked bacon
- heavy cream
- Lime juice
- Maple Syrup
- slices challah bread or brioche
- unsalted butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup, cream, tequila and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Arrange 2 slices of bacon around the sides of each of mini spring form pans, overlapping as necessary so that it is only around the sides and not on the bottom of the pan. Cut and trim the bread slices as needed so you can snuggly fit it into each pan with the bacon â€œaround itâ€. Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Spoon or pour the mixture over the bread slices, stopping as needed to let the liquid be absorbed. Let stand 10 minutes, poking slices with fork once or twice. Place spring form pans onto a baking sheet.
- Bake until the eggs have set and the French toast have puffed, about 23-25 minutes. Remove the bread puddings from the pans and spoon the sauce over them to serve.