The deep, toasty flavor and pleasant sweetness make this a satisfying mid-morning or afternoon pick-me-up.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Course: Beverage
All you need for this recipe and more...
- 12 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnut-flavored coffee
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (plus more for dusting, if desired)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Bring the water to a boil in a teakettle or small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Combine the coffee and cocoa powder in a French press. Pour in the water, stir, and place the lid on top of the carafe. Allow the coffee to brew 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk and sugar in a tall microwave safe glass measuring cup. Heat on high until hot, about 45-60 seconds (depending on the wattage of your microwave). Place the frothing coil of a handheld frother into the milk, turn the frother on, and raise and lower it in the milk until a thick foam forms.
- When the coffee has brewed 4 minutes, push the plunger down as far as it will go. Pour the coffee in 2 cups.
- Pour the milk into the two cups, using a spoon to hold the foam back in the measuring cup. Once the milk is in the two cups, spoon the foam on top. Top with a dusting of cocoa powder if desired.