Healthy and delicious, fish dishes are a favorite for any chef searching for a new culinary adventure. The seductive aroma and rich color of the Red Wine Sauce makes this entrÃ©e a treat for your senses.
- Bacon slab or Pancetta
- Bay Leaf
- Chicken Broth
- Extra-light olive oil
- Fish fillets
- garlic cloves
- Garlic Powder
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- red wine
- Rib of celery
- Slab bacon
- Small carrot
- Softened butter
- Red Wine Sauce
In a saucepan, add the olive oil and diced bacon. Cook over medium-low heat stirring well until the bacon is well-browned, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a dish lined with a paper towel. Save for later.
- In the same saucepan, add the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring well for 4-5 minutes. Increase the heat to high and add the red wine, bring to a boil and reduce by 1/2, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth
- Strain the sauce into a bowl and discard all the ingredients. Place the strained sauce back into the saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the butter-flour mixture and stir well with a whisk, wait 2 minutes and repeat.
- Stop this process when the sauce is finally thickened to your liking. (Usually a tablespoon of the butter-flour mixture is more than enough, but just in case, you've got more on hand.) Salt to taste. Keep the sauce warm, until ready to serve.
Make the Red Wine Sauce and keep warm.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and sprinkle evenly on each side of the 6 fillets.
- Add the oil to a large nonstick sautÃ¨ pan and cook over medium heat for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until it starts rippling. Add the fillets, one at a time, reduce the heat and cook for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Turn on the other side and cook for 3 more minutes. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the fillet to a dish lined with a paper towel and cover with foil.
- Add the butter to a small sautÃ¨ pan and cook over medium heat until melted. Add the browned bacon and gently reheat the bacon for a minute or two.
- Place a serving of the Red Wine Sauce on the bottom of each serving dish, place a fish fillet on top and decorate with a few pieces of browned bacon.