Learn how to prepare Dry Rubbed Skillet-Cooked Ribeye Steak, a Texas classic.
- Course: Dinner
- 1-inch thick bone-in ribeye
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- Garlic Powder
- hot paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
- Mix the spices together with sugar
- Drizzle the steak with olive oil and rub to coat evenly.
- Put the steak in a hot oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium high heat, and place another smaller skillet on top of the steak
- Turn the steak over and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the steak 8 minutes for medium.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.